March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Chrono Cross / The "alternate World" Conspiracy

pixel
I'm sure this question has been asked before in the past, but I just want feedback on this because I've never really reached any valid closure on this topic.

Does anyone know about the actual cross worlds of Chronopolis and Dinopolis in Chrono Cross, and how they are connected to F.A.T.E.?

I know that Chronopolis existed due to the fact that Lavos crashed into the earth-- wiping out all of the Reptites that existed in 65,000,000 B.C., and ultimately destroying humankind's future in 1999 A.D. Chronopolis existed primarily as a database for the recollection of human evolution through the ages, and as a historical database for the reign of Lavos.

What I don't realize is how Dinopolis is intertwined with this. I think the actual Dinopolis was created when all the Dragons merged as one and became that huge thing sticking out of the water. I think it may have something to do with Lavos not crashing into the world in an alternate perspective, and the Reptites destroying the human race instead... but still I'm not sure.

Chrono Trigger focused on "traveling through time", and Chrono Cross focused on "traveling through alternate worlds". But what gets me is where all of these come together through things like Chronopolis, Dinopolis, the Bermuda Triangle(yes, there is one in the game)-- and F.A.T.E.

If I haven't confused you already with all this babble...
...perhaps someone knows about this whole "conspiracy".

I really hope so! :unsure:
vip
pixel
For once I will not share my opinion on Chrono Crosshit
staff
pixel
lionheart725 said:
I know that Chronopolis existed due to the fact that Lavos crashed into the earth-- wiping out all of the Reptites that existed in 65,000,000 B.C., and ultimately destroying humankind's future in 1999 A.D. Chronopolis existed primarily as a database for the recollection of human evolution through the ages, and as a historical database for the reign of Lavos.

Nope, Chronopolis was built by Balthasar in the 24th century, in the future that Lavos was defeated. It's purpose was to study the Frozen Flame (a fragment of Lavos). FATE's purpose was to compute all the experiment data. When the Time Crash happened and Lavos pulled Chronopolis back into the past, FATE's purpose changed. It's purpose was now to ensure that Chronopolis would exist in the future.

What I don't realize is how Dinopolis is intertwined with this. I think the actual Dinopolis was created when all the Dragons merged as one and became that huge thing sticking out of the water. I think it may have something to do with Lavos not crashing into the world in an alternate perspective, and the Reptites destroying the human race instead... but still I'm not sure.

You're sorta on the right track....

Dinopolis/Terra Tower was from the timeline where the Reptites took over and evolved. It's their version of Chronopolis. as Chronopolis had FATE, Dinopolis had the Dragon God, a biological computer.

Now, when Chronopolis was pulled into the past, so was Dinopolis, but into the same world as Chronopolis to balance things out. There was major conflict between FATE and the Dragon God because of this, and FATE eventually emerged victorious and split the Dragon God into the 6 dragons...thus no longer posing a threat to FATE or the future of Chronopolis.

Chrono Trigger focused on "traveling through time", and Chrono Cross focused on "traveling through alternate worlds". But what gets me is where all of these come together through things like Chronopolis, Dinopolis, the Bermuda Triangle(yes, there is one in the game)-- and F.A.T.E.

The El Nido Triangle is where Starky's spaceship crashed. That's it.
staff
pixel
Woo thanks for the refresher.
staff
pixel
I hate it when people beat to me to long-winded explanations.

I wanted to do that.

Dammit.
pixel
i felt as if chrono tigger would never explain this stuff... you kinda had to think about the clues a bit..
pixel
Cool! That patches up a few things about the whole F.A.T.E. thing.

Thanks for the explanation, Rachel.

I knew some of the stuff that I said was slightly askewed, I just wanted closure on that-- just to make sure that I was on the right page or not.

If I may ask another question, the whole past world (where Chronopolis was pulled back) that you were talking about-- that is the world that Serge falls upon at the beach, correct? Oh! and one more question: the Time Crash... did that happen when F.A.T.E. was helping out Serge when he was dying as a child?

... sorry about all these questions. Chrono Cross explained so much in the last two hours of gameplay that I couldn't keep up with it! I mean... jeez. It was a lot to cram into someone's head. :huh:
pixel
I might be wrong about this (it's been forever since I've played CC), but I think that the Time Crash was the result of a failed experiment to control time by Chronopolis, while the event with Serge was what caused his timeline to split.
staff
pixel
lionheart725 said:
If I may ask another question, the whole past world (where Chronopolis was pulled back) that you were talking about-- that is the world that Serge falls upon at the beach, correct?

The Time Crash occured because of an experiment in Chronopolis in 2400 AD. The Frozen Flame went out of control, ripped the fabric of time, and Lavos pulled the city back into the past.

After the fall of Dinopolis and the Dragon God, the survivors of Chronopolis created the El Nido Archipelago and populated it. FATE erases their memories and guides their lives, to ensure the future existance of Chronopolis.

(This also sort of explains why El Nido did not exist in Chrono Trigger. The future that Chronopolis existed in had not yet been created, therefore, there was no Time Crash in 2400 AD. In order for that to happen, Crono and etc. had to create a future where Lavos had been defeated.)

This is the past of both Home World and Another World. The split between them occured when Serge was drowning at age 7. In Home he lived, in Another he died.

Oh! and one more question: the Time Crash... did that happen when F.A.T.E. was helping out Serge when he was dying as a child?

No, but it is an important event. It caused the formation of the Dead Sea, the birth of Harle, and etc.

While Miguel (Leena's father) and Wazuki (Serge's father) were travelling to Marbule to find a cure for Serge. a storm caused by Schala not only tossed them off course to Chronopolis, but it also shut down FATE for a few minutes.

Serge came into contact with the Frozen Flame during this time, and this made him the only person who could access it. Even FATE was sealed off from it.

Since FATE was offline, the dragons made their move. they created the 7th dragon (Harle) whose purpose was to free the Frozen Flame from FATE, and destroy FATE.

Miguel stays behind, designated by FATE to watch over Chronopolis. Wazuki and Serge return home.

The Dead Sea exists, because in a world where Serge (the Arbiter of the Frozen Flame) didn't drown years later, the Time Crash happens differently, and Chronopolis is very dimensionally unstable. When the worlds split, many other times and places where smashed together and formed The Dead Sea.
pixel
Oh. I get it. Well... sorta. You really know your stuff, Rachel. Thanks.

.... *checks nose*

Chrono Cross was always something that I've really wondered about. It really is riveting. But it's something that you have play the second time through-- and reread some of the dialogue to really piece it together. Which zaps five more hours of gameplay into the experience, of course.

Kinda brilliant. But confusingly brilliant!

Ah ha! There you go.

I think I'm gonna take some time out of the week and try starting a new file.

... whether or not I'll be able to completely get through it this time... we'll see.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #197 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?